Full name: Ahmad Khan Niazi Imran
Birth date: 25 November 1952
Place of Birth: Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Oxford University
Occupation: Athlete, political leader
Quick Facts about Imran Khan
- Took Pakistan to Cricket World Cup finals in 1992 and won the tournament despite the team’s poor performances early on.
- Scored 3807 runs and grabbed 362 wickets during his career.
- Founded Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust and established Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital in 1994, which was Pakistan’s first hospital for cancer treatment. Imran’s mother died of cancer, which motivated him to initiate the cancer hospital project.
- Imran is currently building another cancer hospital, which will be located in Karachi.
- Imran also built Namal College in Mianwali in 2008. Namal college is an associate college of the University of Bradford.
- Imran married Jemima Goldsmith in 1995. She was a Jew but converted to Islam before marriage. The wedding ceremony took place in Paris.
- Imran’s first child, Suleiman Isa, was born on April 10, 1996. Imran and Jemima had another baby in 1999 and named him Kassim.
- Imran and Jemima divorced in 2004, following the couple’s differences on Imran’s political engagements. Despite the divorce, Jemima has not changed her name and continues to maintain her close friendship with Imran.
- Imran is currently chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI). He was elected as Member of National Assembly in 2002 when he contested the election for the first time.
- Imran has addressed World Economic Forum to become the only Asian to do so without being a part of the government.
- Imran’s popularity rose in 2012 when he was voted as Asia’s Person Of The Year by Asia Society. He scored 88 percent of the total votes.
- According to Pew Research held in 2012, seven out of ten Pakistani respondents favor Imran to lead the country.