Home & Garden
Cleaning and organizing the house is one tricky job. Here are 20 helpful tips that will make your life easier.
These tips will help you get through your everyday life.
1. To clean Silver Jewelry when it gets black, apply toothpaste and rub it very well.
2. Use Paint Brushes for the dusting of telephones, laptops, keyboards etc. They are useful for cleaning difficult to reach areas.
3. Keep Ants at bay. A little lemon juice squirted in the area’s they infest would keep ants away.
4. Keep Cucumbers fresh for a week by rolling each cucumber in a piece of newspaper while storing in refrigerator.
5. To Prevent bad odor in the Refrigerator, dip cotton into vanilla and keep in the refrigerator.
6. Remove Oil Stain by rubbing the area with a piece of lime dipped in salt.
7. Pour leftover Coffee in the Soil of your plants. It acts as a good fertilizer.
8. To Make Candles last long and drip less. Put them in the freezer overnight before lighting them.
9. Use Lemon rinds to remove grease spots from oven tops.
10. To remove the odor from flask or thermos, rinse with curd+ a pinch of salt.
11. Use Squeezed Lemon to get rid of bad smells from fingers after using garlic, egg or fish etc.
12. Onion acts as a Deterrent. In rainy season, bugs gather around bulbs. Just place a piece of onion near the lamp.
13. To Raise the nap of carpeting after heavy furniture has crushed it, place one or two ice cubes on the area.
14. To Clean Gold Jewelry, boil 4 pitted soap nuts (reethay) in 2-3 cups of water, remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Soak jewelry for few minutes and clean gently with a soft nail brush. Now rinse with fresh water.
15. To Prevent Ring from causing blue mark around your finger, simply apply transparent nail enamel inside the ring.