Let it be a housewife, a working woman or a student, beautiful, healthy and radiant skin is what every woman desires for. However, in our busy schedules and disturbed routine, we almost forget that we all were born with a flawlessly beautiful skin and it is up to us to take care of it properly.
Aging is natural but to delay the signs of aging on our skin is in our own hands. A youthful and glowing skin is easy to achieve just by avoiding sugar as much as possible and by eating healthy fats and fresh fruits and veggies.
1. Semolina (Suji) Scrub:
Sooji is an excellent scrub as it removes the dead cells, dirt and oil from your skin and gives you a glowing skin.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of Sooji and 1 teaspoon of milk to make a paste. Scrub the paste gently on your face until it’s dry. Wash with lukewarm water.
2. Lemon Sugar Scrub:
The sugar grains are also useful in removing dead cells, whereas, lemon purifies, bleaches and removes tan. It is nature’s one of the best skin lightening agent.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and apply on the face. Scrub gently in circular motion. Wash after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
3. Papaya Face Pack:
Ripe papaya works as a mild exfoliater. It gently removes the dead cells and gives a glowing and younger looking skin.
- Cut a ripe papaya into small pieces and add a teaspoon of sandalwood powder or multani mitti and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix them well to make a smooth paste. Apply it to your face and neck and rinse with cold water after 20 minutes.
It acts as an anti ageing face pack.
4. Egg Face Pack:
The egg white not only cleanse and exfoliates the skin but also lightens the skin complexion. It also helps to defy the wrinkles and gives you a radiant and youthful skin.
- Beat the white of an egg in a bowl, add a teaspoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of lemon juice into it. Mix it well and apply on the face. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
5. Milk, Honey and Besan Mask:
This is an old age and known formula for glowing and healthy skin.
- Add 2 teaspoons of milk in 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of gram flour (besan). Mix well to form paste. Apply all over the face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash with warm water.
Honey and milk are known for their moisturising properties and besan exfoliates the skin, leaving the skin fresh and radiant.
6. Orange Mask:
Orange is known to refresh and purifies the skin and relieves the acne.
- Grind a few pieces of the orange peel and add 2 teaspoons of rose water to it. Mix well. Apply all over the face. Rinse off with cold water after 15 minutes.
7. Vegetable Pack:
The vegetables are known to tone your skin and provide enzymes that help balance and clean the skin.
- Chop carrot, potato and cabbage into small pieces and boil them. Keep the remaining boiled water aside as it can be used to wash your face. Mash the them together and add a teaspoon of milk to form a paste. Apply all over the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
8. Tomato Pack:
Tomatoes is known for its bleaching properties. It lightens the skin and removes tan. It also keeps wrinkles away and provides a youthful glow.
- Make a paste of a small tomato and mix ½ teaspoon of lemon juice into it. Apply this on the face and wash after 15 minutes.