Beauty & Style
With matte red lips being a huge trend this spring, there is simply no reason to shy away from sporting a bright red pout. Except maybe the price tag! While there are many good brands available in the market for red lipstick, our wallets sometimes do not allow us to buy them. We have compiled a list of five affordable and quality red lipstick brands, all of whom fall under the price range of PKR 500. From orangish reds to reddish pinks, we have tried covering a range of lipsticks to suit all skin tones:
- BeCute Stay On Lipstick in Shade 325 – PKR 125
- Tony & Teena Rouge Matte Lipstick in Shade 731 – Rs185
- Atiqa Odho Vitamin E Lipstick in Real Love – Rs215
- Classics Lipstick in Shade 224 – Rs 310
- Golden Rose 2000 Lipstick in Shade 130 – Rs315
How to do a perfect red pout
- Before you apply a matte lipstick shade, it is important to exfoliate your lips since matte formulas have a dry finish. Take some petroleum jelly on a clean old toothbrush and work the brush in circular motion on your lips. Wipe clean with a cotton pad or tissue. Apply a tiny amount of lip balm to prevent your lips from giving a chapped look.
- Line the edge of your lips with a red lip liner. Sharp edges are key for such a statement look. Fill in your lips with the pencil.
- Apply lipstick by swiping straight from the tube. Press lips on a tissue to blot excess lipstick. Apply another coat of lip color. Working in layers makes the color long lasting.
And there you have your perfect red lips. Keep a lip balm in your purse in case your lips feel too dry. If you find the matte look boring, you can apply a sheer lip gloss for a mirror-like juicy shine. Keep the rest of your makeup simple so that your lips remain the main attraction.
Disclaimer: Prices may vary depending on from store to store you buy them from, but should be under PKR 500 everywhere. Slideshow photos are copyright to the author.