Looking for some delicious and quick snack recipe to be served with evening tea on weekend? Look no forward and try these tasty corn cheese balls today. If you have guests coming over and want to make it in large batches, prepare the balls and freeze them a day or two ahead to save your cooking time later.
150 gms boiled sweet corn
200 gms processed cheese grated
200 gms potatoes boiled and mashed
100 gms capsicum cut into small pieces
salt to taste
1 tsp white pepper powder
½ tsp. cornflour
1 tsp. refined flour (maida)
oil for frying,
6 tbsp. bread crumb
2 tsp chana daal
For the batter:
4 tsp. maida,
1 tsp. cornflour,
water as required.
1. In a bowl, combine the cheese, potato, chana daal, corn and capsicum.
2. Add the salt, white pepper, oregano, cornflour and the refined flour. Mix thoroughly.
3. Divide and shape the mixture into tiny balls. Set aside.
To prepare the batter:
Mix the maida and cornflour with sufficient water to make a thick consistency. To make the corn cheese balls:
1. Dip the corn cheese balls in the batter and roll them in the bread crumb
2. Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the corn cheese balls.
3. Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.