Beauty & Style
We all know how tedious it can be to get rid of blackheads and reduce the size of our pores. When pores are clogged with dirt and oil, they can look bigger and stretch overtime. By exfoliating our skin we can remove any excess build up that can further lead to breakouts and acne.
Pore strips and clay masks can work well to help curb clogged pores. While some pore strips fail to remove every blackhead, we have a few DIY tips to help keep your pores under control. It’s easier to remove blackheads while also minimizing the size of your pores.
Homemade Pore Strip
Pore strips can be very expensive and not the least bit effective. They can leave behind dirt and blackheads. Beauty Salons which use a metal extractor on your blackheads can cause severe pain and leave a scar if the treatment was too harsh. An easy way to make your own pore strips at home is with 2 simple ingredients.
- Take 1 tablespoon of powdered Unflavored Gelatin into a microwavable bowl, this can be found easily at your local super mart.
- Add 1 tablespoon milk, avoid using the powdered milk as it can fail to create the same consistency.
- Mix both of the ingredients and microwave it for 10-15 seconds until the mixture has turned into a yellow color.
- Take an old makeup brush or a new hair dye brush and apply it onto your nose and pores making sure to apply a thin layer. If the mixture is too thick, go back and add a little bit more milk and re-microwave.
- Leave it on until it’s completely dry and peel off slowly. This should unclog your pores and help shrink them.
Baking Soda Mask
Baking soda has been known to help scrub away dead skin and lighten acne scars. It works wonders to minimize the appearance of your pores while also removing any blackheads. Baking soda has a natural effective ingredient to neutralize your skin’s pH. Which mean it will help your skin to produce less oil.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 cup of water. Stir the mixture together.
- Take 2 cotton rounds and soak them into the mixture. Squeeze any excess out from the pads and apply them firmly onto your nose and pores.
- Wait until it has dries, about 10 minutes and peel it off. The mixture should become dry to help remove any blackheads.
- Re-apply the liquid soaked cotton pad onto your nose and pores for any stubborn blackheads.
The Egg White Mask
To instantly firm and unclog pores, using the Egg White mask will instantly brighten and smooth your skin. This mask is best for oily skin types as it deep cleanses, balances excess oil build up and rejuvenates dead skin cells. Those with dry skin types should only use this on their pores to help them shrink since it can be drying for all over the face.
- Simply take one egg and separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Beat the egg white until it becomes frothy and foamy.
- Apply the mask all over your face, and wait for it to dry completely.
- Once dried, the mask should feel tightening and should be rinsed with warm water.