When it comes to food, Hyderabad is one of the coolest places to be referred to as a symbol of quality food provider and also is creative enough to present a variety of different recipes. Hyderabad chicken biryani is famous not only for its taste but also for its presentation. This biryani is presented with lots of fried brown onions on it that makes its taste a distinctive and a delicious one.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: Approx. 1 hour
- Rice (3 cups)
- Chicken (1 ½ kg)
- Yogurt (1 cup)
- Oil (1 cup)
- Mint 1-2 bunches(chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Onions 4 (sliced)
- Cloves (3-5 pieces)
- Red chili powder (1 tbsp)
- Lemons (5-6)
- Green chilies 6-8 (sliced)
- Milk 1 (medium sized)cup
- Black peppers (4-6 pieces)
- Yellow color (as required)
- All spice powder (1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Add chicken along with ginger garlic paste, yogurt, red chili powder, cloves, black pepper and salt in a cooking pot.
- In a separate pot, add water and allow it to boil.
- When boiled, add rice along with cinnamon, cloves, mint and green chilies.
- In a pan, pour in some oil and fry the onions until they get brown.
- Now, take out half of the fried onions and put them in the chicken.
- Now chicken, if cooked, take out half and make a layer in a cooking pot. Then add a layer of boiled rice. Add another layer of half left chicken and then rice again.
- Put the yellow color on the top and add the remaining mint pieces.
- Also add the remaining brown fried onions on the top.
- Now cover the pot and let it steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Now the rice is ready to be served and serve it with yogurt.
Hyderabad biryani when served with a yogurt and a mixed salad is a delicious choice and also adds a lot to the flavor of the biryani. It should be kept in mind not to boil the rice too much otherwise the rice would become all lumpy and would destroy the real taste of biryani. Also, biryani should be steamed at a low fire so that the rice does not get dry and stick to the sides of the pot.