When you hear the word shahi, the other word that completes it is “tukray”. Shahi tukray is a very famous dessert that we all love and crave for. Since forever shahi tukray has been one of our favorite traditional sweet dishes, half of our celebrations are incomplete without shahi tukray.
Here’s the original recipe to make delicious shahi tukray that your family and guests would love.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Serves: 4-5 people
- Bread (six slice)
- Milk (1/4 kg)
- Khoya (125 gram)
- Sugar (1/4 kg)
- Enough oil for deep frying
- Almond and pistachio (10 grams each)
- Cardamom (just a pinch)
- Silver sheet for garnishing the dish
The few simple ingredients that are normally always available at your home so why not put them to the best use. Coming towards the preparation, now this is a guide you have to follow.
- The first step is to prepare the bread that is to make the base of this dessert, for that heat banaspati ghee in saucepan, when it heats evenly, deep fry the bread slices until they change color to medium light brown.
- Take out the golden-brown slices from the oil and leave it on a tissue paper or newspaper so the oil gets absorbed
- On the other side, put the milk on flame, as soon as it starts boiling add all the other ingredients. Start with adding in sugar, keep stirring it slowly and let the sugar dissolve.
- When the milk starts to become thicker, add the pinch of cardamom in it.
- Add almonds and pistachios in the milk mixture.
- The indication of milk being ready for shahi tukray is that the milks quantity is left half after boiling.
- Take a deep dish, on the base of this dish spread the bread slices that were fried.
- Pour milk on these bread slices slowly so all the bread slices get soaked in the milk and take its flavor.
- At last garnish it with khoya and more nets if required.
- You can also use the silver sheet to decorate your dessert.
This dessert can be served both hot and cold, depending on your own taste and preference.