You will nee the following ingredients for this iftar recipe.
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 140g/5oz each)
* 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
* 1 tbsp sunflower oil
* small knob of fresh root ginger , grated
* 3 spring onions , sliced
* 175g basmati rice
* 250g pack prepared veg, broccoli , carrotts and green beans
* 425ml vegetable stock
To cook this iftar recipe, you need to follow this simple method.
1. Cut the chicken into chunks and mix with the soy, then set aside. Heat the oil in a pan with a well-fitting lid, then add the ginger and onions and fry briefly. Stir in the rice. Add the veg, pour in the stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 5 mins, then put the chicken on top of the rice and pour over the soy.
2. Re-cover the pan and cook for a further 12-14 mins until everything is tender.