Beauty & Style
“Give a woman the right pair of shoes and she will conquer the world,” said Marilyn Monroe and boy was she right or was she right? If you are a shoe lover like most women out there, you probably follow every fashion blog, magazine and catalog to stay up-to-date with the latest shoe trends. The thrill of slipping into a new pair of shoes is unparalleled especially when wearing high heels, there really is no better way of feeling an instant boost of confidence.
However, often times our new kicks may not feel as great as they look, especially if they are suede or leather. “Sure, fashion isn’t supposed to be about comfort, but it’s interesting how we voluntarily wear shoes that inflict so much pain and make us indulge in long ice baths to recover. After all, these style must-have elongate our legs, shape up our calves and make us feel like a boss when wearing high heels and we hear our feet clacking against the floor,” said Saman Javed, from Daraz.pk
Yes, it’s true, it is incredibly hard to ditch wearing high heels for the sake of comfort and the good news is that you don’t have to. You can get the best of both worlds – style and comfort – by following this easy trick that will make you effortlessly break in that fresh pair of leather shoes.
Follow these quick steps and break free:
- Fill up a sturdy Ziploc bag with water until it’s half full.
- Make sure you squeeze out the air in the bag before fully zipping it.
- Place the Ziploc in the shoe, or simply where the problem area is. If you don’t want your entire shoe to loosen up, you can always block off parts of the shoe with cloth or newspaper and place the bag of water where you want it.
- Put the shoes in the freezer until the water is completely frozen. As the water turns to ice, it will expand, stretching the leather with it and consequently loosening your shoes.
- Pull out the shoes from the freezer, wait for the ice to thaw and then remove the bags. Wearing high heels should be comfortable now.
Shoo away (pun intended) the pain and sore toes and go conquer the world, ladies!