A good book, a warm blanket and a steaming mug of hot chocolate is probably the best companionship for long winters night. Here is that perfect hot chocolate recipe for you to whip it up yourself every time you long for it, and yes we have got that technical creamy part covered too, just use full cream milk and take your time while whisking it.
Full cream milk – 1L
Semi sweet chocolate – 230g
Salt – a pinch
Instant coffee – a pinch
Ground cinnamon – ½ tsp
Sugar – to taste
Whipped cream – as required
- Warm milk in a large pan.
- Add salt, coffee, grated chocolate and sugar into boiling milk and keep mixing it with a hand whisk. If you don’t like coffee, you can omit it however it enhances the flavour of chocolate.
- Reduce the heat to minimum; add ground cinnamon and continue whisking until you get your desired smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour warm hot chocolate into mugs and top it with a spoon full of rich whipped cream and grated chocolate.
- This recipe serves three people.